Parents' Auxiliary Services
Used Uniform Sales
There are two main ways parents or other SMUS community members can contribute to the Used Uniform Sales.
- Donate: drop-off quality used uniform items to the bins in the lobbies of Junior and Middle Schools or at the Campus Shop.
- Volunteer: help to arrange, fold, iron, mend, price, sew, sort, and wash items, either at home or with other parents during the shop’s operating hours.
Used Uniforms Overseas
Out-dated uniform items or those deemed unfit for sale at our shop will be sent to children overseas via international charities. Often SMUS students are able to bring used uniform items with them to give to needy children on school-organized overseas trips.
Boarders without Borders
Boarders without Borders helps connect our boarding and day communities. Through this program, day families can host boarding students in their homes for a Sunday meal once or twice a year.
This initiative is greatly appreciated by the boarders, who enjoy a home-cooked meal and a family setting. The hosts enjoy having a guest who can tell them about different places and sometimes about other cultures. Boarders without Borders builds lasting friendships between boarding and day students.
Boarders’ Cake Service
Boarding parents can still celebrate their child's birthdays by sending them a cake through the Parents’ Auxiliary. Cakes can also be arranged for other events, including spectacular academic or athletic achievements.
Fill out the online Cake Order Form at least four days before the cake-delivery date.
The cakes available are:
- Chocolate or white cake with choice of filling (three sizes, ranging in price from $35 - $66)
- Oreo Cookie cake (three sizes, ranging in price from $35 - $66)
- Dairy Queen ice cream cake (three sizes, ranging in price from $39 - $57)