Middle School Science and Math Teacher
Permanent full-time position and one-year part-time position
We are seeking a Middle School Science and Math teacher for grades 6 to 8, starting in September 2017. The ability to teach Physical Education is an asset.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Science; minor in Math
- Certified or eligible to teach in British Columbia
- Substantial experience as a Science Teacher, specifically in the middle years
- Familiarity and experience with the BC Ministry of Education Science curriculum
- Understanding of creative and innovative teaching strategies particularly inquiry and project-based learning
- Experience and aptitude in integrating technology into the learning experience
- Understanding of and experience with differentiated instruction and assessment for learning
- Experience and ability to also teach Physical Education is an asset
- Willingness to participate in the extra-curricular activities of the school
Applicants must be eligible to teach in British Columbia. Applicants are requested to supply a résumé with references, accompanied by a cover letter outlining the candidate’s particular strengths and how the candidate is well-suited to teaching in a rich academic program.
Please respond electronically on or prior to Monday, April 24, 2017 to:
Mr. Xavier Abrioux, Director of Middle School
St. Michaels University School
3400 Richmond Road. Victoria, BC V8P 4P5
Email: [email protected]
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted; no phone calls, please. Once a successful candidate is hired, the posting will be removed from our Current Opportunities page. Thank you for your interest in our school.
St. Michaels University School is one of Canada’s leading co-educational, independent day and boarding schools. It was recently recognized by the College Board as the top school in Canada for Advanced Placement Equity and Excellence as well as placing among the top 60 schools worldwide.
Our boarding population is recruited nationally and internationally to form a rich and diverse community. Our students come from over 20 different countries and our school community represents over 40 different ethnic backgrounds. Our graduates attend the top universities in the world, many of them on scholarships. The faculty culture of excellence is supported by healthy professional development resources and a dynamic program of professional growth, which has earned them national and international recognition, including several Prime Minister’s Teaching Awards.
The school pursues academic success in an environment where the character and the self also grow.
For more information about St. Michaels University School, please refer to the rest of our website.