St. Michaels University School is excited to offer a comprehensive six-day squash camp for tournament level squash players, aged 12 to 17 years old, at our beautiful campus in Victoria, BC.
Squash Camp for summer 2022 has been cancelled.
The goal of the SMUS Overnight Elite Squash Camp is to help young athletes become better all-around players. The focus of the training will include technical aspects of each athlete's game, court movement and fitness, and applying and relieving pressure during match play.
Along with matches, players will have two 3-hour training sessions each day with a team of international coaches and Professional Squash Association (PSA) players who will provide personal instruction with a final report and feedback on each player.
The coaches and athletes will reside on the SMUS campus with athletes in double occupancy rooms with a private washroom. They will have support from SMUS boarding staff around the clock and will enjoy 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. Food services at SMUS carefully plan each meal to ensure that there is a wide variety of nutritious food choices that are essential for a healthy body and an alert brain.
This squash camp is for players who want to take their game to the next level.
- Non-stop squash action
- World-class coaching staff and players
- Comprehensive training plans and individualized attention
- On-court matches and end of camp tournament
- Fitness and movement sessions
- Prizes and awards to top performances and sportsmanship award
- Final written growth summaries
- Daily evening activities and one half-day excursion
- Double occupancy rooms with private washrooms
- Bed lines, blankets, pillows and towels
- 3 nutritious meals and 2 snacks per day
- Beautiful dining hall and student common areas
- Two gymnasiums (single and double)
- Large grass sports fields
- 24 hour supervision
Vicky Lust – SMUS Head Squash Coach
- Former World #12
- Former England teammate with Alison
- 25 England caps
- 9 Professional Squash Association titles
Mike Johnson – Shawnigan Lake School Head Squash Coach
Originally from the UK, Mike has coached eight international players ranked in the world’s top 10 including men’s and women’s world champions, British Open champions and Commonwealth Games medalists. With over 40 years of world class coaching experience, Mike’s insights will improve campers physical and mental squash game.
Tristan Eysele – Professional Squash Player
Originally from South Africa, Tristan has played professional squash since 2018 and has trained with the likes of Robbie Temple, Tom Richards, Joe Lee, Charles Sharpes, Adrian Waller, Mike Johnson and Marwan El Shorbagy. Tristan is eager to pass along his extensive squash knowledge to new up and coming young squash players.