Customized Group English Programs
We offer custom programs for groups that have a specific goal in mind, from cultural experience to test preparation.
SMUS can host a wide variety of groups and can tailor any program to a range of specific needs.
Our group ELL programs can be purely cultural or meet a specific goal, such as preparing for the TOEFL test. We can tailor a program for any group of any age to meet specific needs, at various times during the year.
Customized programs are available to groups wishing to gain an educational and cultural experience in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia. Generally, each of these programs is developed around a core structure consisting of a morning of English-language study and an afternoon of outdoor and cultural activities. All programs integrate their relevant activity into the English Academic Program and can be offered at numerous times throughout the year.
Daily activities might include visits to the following local attractions:
- Butchart Gardens
- Royal BC Museum and IMAX Theatre
- City tour and shopping
- World-famous Chemainus murals
- Eco Adventure
- Nature hikes
- East Sooke Regional Park – hike and lunch
- Butterfly Gardens
- Fresh- and salt-water kayaking
- Day at the beach
- Day trip to Vancouver
Residential programs include:
- Pick-up and drop-off from Victoria International Airport or Vancouver International Airport
- Educationally designed curriculum. A detailed program can be tailored to meet your specific needs
- British Columbia certified teachers, teaching assistants and local Canadian student mentors
- Daily transportation to and from each activity
- Daily activities
- Evening activities (games, movies, sports and more)
- Program souvenir and completion certificate