Welcome to the Parent Portal
The SMUS Parent Portal provides parents with customized and secure access to our School Data System (SDS). With a single username and password, you can access the following information:
- Report cards for your children
- Financial statements for all student accounts for which you are responsible
- Re-registration forms for your children
- Health information for your children
- Course selections for grades 9-12
- Student directory
- Change of personal information request and student directory settings
- International trip information and application forms
Online Student Directory: Changing Settings or Opting Out
By default, all SMUS families' contact information - including names, email addresses, home addresses and telephone numbers - will appear in the online student directory. If you do not want to be listed in the directory, or if you want to omit some of your contact information, you must change your default settings in the parent portal.
To change your default setttings:
- Log on to your parent portal account at https://sds.smus.ca/index.php?next_page=login.php. If you have trouble logging in, send an email to [email protected] or call Rob Przybylski at 250-370-6192.
- From the main menu, click on Parent Menu, then choose Update My Information.
- If you do not want any information about you accessible to other parents through the student directory, select Opt out of the online student directory.
- If you want to be listed, but would like to keep some of your contact details private, deselect the checkboxes next to the items you do not want to appear in the directory. If you deselect all the checkboxes, only your child's name and grade will appear in the directory.
- Click on the Submit Update Request button. Your student directory privacy settings will take effect immediately.
You will be able to change your privacy settings for the online student directory at any time.
Request Updates to Your Information
While you are on the Update My Information page, you may also want to double-check the information we have on file for your family in the SMUS Database Information section. If any of the details need updating, edit the relevant fields and click on the Submit Data Update Request button. Once the data centre has reviewed verified the changes (within two business days), the edits will be reflected in your record.
SMUS Online Health Form
In preparation for the 2016-2017 school year, we require you to fill out or update the online health form through your parent portal account before the start of the school year. It is extremely important that you complete or update this form to ensure that the school is equipped with the information we need to care properly for your child.
Common questions as well as instructions on how to access and complete the form are available here.
New to SMUS? Create your SMUS Parent Portal Account
- Go to https://sds.smus.ca and click "Log in"
- Click on "Create an account"
- Provide your first name, last name and email address (this must match the name and email address we currently have on file. If you need to change any of your information at any time, contact Gisele DiIorio in the Data Centre at [email protected])
- You will receive an email from [email protected] with your username and password. Return to https://sds.smus.ca, click "Log in" and log in to your new account. If you want to change your password to one that is easier for you to remember, click on the "Change Password" link on the left-hand menu.
Important note for New Parents
If you submitted an application for your child through our online Admissions Application Centre, you already have a SMUS Parent Portal account. You can log in to your account using the same username and password you set up for the Application Centre.
The 2016-2017 registration information is now available through the Parent Portal on our website. To view your specific registration details please log-in to the Parent Portal at: https://sds.smus.ca
Deadlines to note:
By February 12, 2016
If you are planning to apply for financial assistance, you must have your application completed by this date. Apple Financial Online Application.
By February 16, 2016
By this date, you will need to have paid the deposit of $1,500 for day students or $2,500 for boarding students and submitted the signed registration form.
By April 8, 2016
By this date, all parents need to have submitted the Payment Options form, along with the Pre-Authorized Payment, Credit Card Payment form or post-dated cheques and if applicable the Tuition Refund Plan Enrolment form.
Tuition fees are due in full by this date for our International Students.
If you experience problems creating an account or logging in to the SMUS Parent Portal: contact Robert Przybylski in Computer Services at [email protected] or 250-370-6192.
If you have questions about the registration process or payment options: contact Michelle Vecqueray in the Finance Office at [email protected] or 250-370-6166.