Absences and Lateness
When students miss classes to due to illness or other commitments, it's helpful for us to know. Our lateness and absence policies are different at each school.
Parents are asked to phone 250-598-3922 or email Christine Shewchuk before 8:00 am if your child is going to be late or absent on a school day. If students arrive after 8:20 am, you must sign your child in at the office on arrival.
A doctor's note must be provided for students who are medically absent for more than five consecutive school days on their first day back to school.
Parents are asked to call the Middle School office at 250-592-3549 or email Tara Toller before 8:15 am if your child is going to be absent or late that day. Students must report to the main office on arrival so that we can maintain accurate records.
Students who are medically absent for more than five consecutive school days must submit a doctor’s note on their first day back to school.
Off-campus leave during the school day:
- All students must sign out at Reception Desk when leaving campus for any reason during the school day. All students that return to school need to sign back in at reception in Senior School.
- Grade 9 and 10 students are permitted to leave campus for appointments only if they have notification from their parents who must either sign their child out, call the school (250-370-6133) or email email@example.com prior to the appointment.
- Grade 11 and 12 students may sign out for the lunch break or for medical appointments.
Absence/lateness due to illness:
- Parents are asked to call the Attendance Line at 250-370-6133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before 8:00 am when your child is going to be absent.
- Students who arrive late must report to the reception desk on arrival.
- Students who are medically absent for more than five consecutive school days must submit a doctor’s note on their first day back to school.