Apply for Grades 1 to 5
Although Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten are the recommended entry years, a small number of places become available each year in Grades 1 to 5.
- Grades 1 to 5 are taught alongside Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten at the SMUS Junior School.
- We invite you to contact Admissions to learn more about our Junior School and to hear about opportunities to join us at an Open House and tour the school.
Start Your Application
Applying to SMUS is a multi-step process. Before your child's application is reviewed by the Admissions Office, you will be asked to create an account through our Admissions Portal. This account will manage the admissions and assessment process of your child. Once you have created this account, you will be asked to complete and submit a series of forms and documents. Once you have gathered the supporting documents, this process should take you no more than 30 minutes to complete. Only parents or guardians can submit applications. If you are a student, please ask your parent(s) to complete the application on your behalf.
Help With Your Application
If you have any questions or have any difficulties with the Admissions Portal, please reach out to [email protected].
There is a non-refundable application fee of CAD $250, which is paid online by credit card through the Admissions Portal.
Information about tuition fees for the Junior School is available from the Fees and Financial Support page.
The school assumes that parents, to the extent that they are able, will bear the primary responsibility for financing their children’s education. However, if you need extra help meeting the cost of tuition then you may wish to consider our Financial Aid program. An early application is advised but no offer of financial aid is made until you have an offer of a place at SMUS.
After you submit your application and supporting documents, the application will be reviewed by our Admissions office.
Invited applicants spend an assessment morning at the Junior School. This time is designed to be enjoyable for your child and allows us to get to know them in a small group setting.
The Admissions office will then assess your full application and notify you of the result. Your application will be placed in one of three categories:
- Offer. Your application is successful and you have been offered a place at SMUS.
- Wait Pool. Your application is placed in the Wait Pool and you will be notified should a space for your child become available.
- Non-Acceptance. Your application is unsuccessful. This can be because of limited space or the Admissions office does not believe the program is the right fit for your child at this time.
If you have received an offer from the school, you will be given a time period in which to accept your offer.
To accept your offer, you will need to:
- Contact our Admissions office stating that you wish to accept.
- Pay a non-refundable CAD $2,500 registration fee. Because we are a school with limited places, this fee helps us ensure your commitment to the program.
If you need more information to make a decision, please contact the Admissions office.