Online Health Form
The online health form is an electronic questionnaire accessible through the parent portal. Parents are required to fill out this form for the Health Centre, off-campus activities, Junior School after-school care, and holiday programs.
Accessing the Online Health Form
- Log on to your parent portal account at https://sds.smus.bc.ca/index.php?next_page=login.php (if you are a new parent, this is the same account you set up to fill out the online application).
- Under Forms on the to menu, click on Health Form.
- Select Submit/Edit Forms, then select your child (if you have more than one child enrolled at SMUS, the forms for all of your children will appear in the drop down menu), then click Choose.
Deadline for Filling out the Form
You will have access to update or complete your child’s health form from June 1 - August 31.
Updating the Online Health Form
If you completed the online health form for your child last year, please log in to the parent portal to review your child’s health information (see instructions above), make any necessary updates and complete the Parents’ Declaration at the bottom of the form by reading the declaration and indicating your agreement and consent. Once you click Save, you will be done for this year. Please note that the system times out after 15 minutes, so you will need to save often.
Filling out the Online Health Form for the First Time
- Answer the questions by clicking in the field next to the question and typing your response.
- For the immunization record, you will create an immunization box for each date your child received vaccinations:
- In the immunization box that appears, first select the year, then the month, then the day that your child received vaccinations. If you don’t have exact dates, estimate as closely as you can.
- Check the box next to the vaccinations your child received on that date.
- To add another immunization date, click on the Add immunization box button.
- If your child is eligible for vaccinations given by the school or the Capital Regional District, you will also be asked to give consent for immunization. Note that you may need to fill out an additional paper consent form for CRD Public Health at a later date.
- The medical history portion of the form is very important to the care of your child. Please fill it out as completely as you can.
- You do not need to complete the form in a single parent portal session. Scroll to the bottom to click Save. You will be warned about fields you haven’t completed, but your responses will be saved for your next visit to the parent portal.
- When you have completed the form, you must click Yes to indicate you give consent under the Parent’s Declaration and click on the Save button. Note that even after this step you will continue to have access to make changes to your form until the end of September.
Common Questions About the Online Health Form
Q: I filled out the form last year. Do I need to resubmit it?
A: We require parents to review their child’s health record each year and provide us with any updates. You will also need to complete the Parents’ Declaration at the bottom of the form each year.
Q: Who will have access to my child’s health information?
A: The information you provide through the online health form becomes part of your child’s record on our secure student data system, although only critical information such as allergies is made broadly available to school staff. The rest of your child’s health information is restricted to health centre staff and school/program directors who share information at their discretion when they feel it is important to ensure excellent care for your child. The data is also accessible by the school’s system data administrators for system management as well as by some front-line staff members who are authorized to access your form when helping you to complete it or to resolve problems.
Q: Do both parents need to fill out the Online Health Form?
A: No. Only one parent is required to fill out the form and only one parent can give the declaration of consent, although all parents that have registration responsibility for their child will be able to access and contribute to the form through their individual parent portal account.
Q: What if I need to add health information or change health information after the August 24 deadline?
A: We encourage families to help us care for the children by keeping health information current. If you have new information about your child’s health record, follow the instructions above. The new information will be made available through our student data system.
If You Have Problems or Questions
- If you have a problem or question about logging in to your parent portal account, or if you experience technical problems filling out the form, contact Robert.Przybylski at [email protected] or 250-370-6192.