Byte Camp U
Discover what it is like to work in engineering, technology and design.
Byte Camp U (BCU) is an exciting two-week, on-campus engineering and technology program for high school students, 13- to 17-years-old, that will be held on the beautiful campus of St. Michaels University School in Victoria.
The goal for BCU is to inspire the next generation of problem-solvers and design-thinkers by tackling real-world challenges to develop their engineering and technology skills. We are looking for students who have a passion for learning and a great attitude towards collaboration.
Our BCU participants will:
- learn transferrable skills and knowledge using circuit boards, 3D design, coding, laser cutting, robotics and automation
- engage in hands-on design challenges
- take on a real-world project challenge and design, build, test and deploy their solutions
- develop a keen interest in innovation, design-thinking and problem solving
- discover what it is like to be an engineer and scientist
This program is ideal for students who want to:
- pursue an education path in engineering or technology
- find out how engineering is applied in the real world
- build their critical thinking, communication, and collaboration skills
- build awesome projects that teach engineering concepts and technology skills
- learn about future academic and career possibilities through exciting field trips to local companies and post-secondary institutions
- meet other like-minded students and enjoy out trips around Victoria
This program will be led by the founder of Byte Camp, Dave Hlannon, who has over 20 years of teaching experience dedicated to inspiring young people to build skills and careers in creative technology.
Join Byte Camp U this summer to discover what it means to be an engineer.