SMUS offers clinical athletic therapy services to all SMUS athletes, staff and extended families.
If you’ve injured a muscle, bone or joint or are active and want to avoid injuring your muscles, bones or joints, book an appointment with one of our athletic therapists who are certified to treat all manner of musculoskeletal issues.
Services are located in the athletic therapy clinic office next to the SMUS fitness centre.
- 60-minute athletic therapy initial assessment and treatment – $120
- 60-minute athletic therapy follow-up extended treatment – $110
- 45-minute athletic therapy follow-up treatment – $90
- 30-minute athletic therapy follow-up treatment – $75
All treatments require parental consent prior to the first appointment (where applicable). Fees will be billed to staff or student accounts and receipts for extended health reimbursement will be provided by the school upon payment.
Please note that you will need to check your insurance policy to ensure you have extended health coverage for a certified athletic therapist or CAT(C) designation.
Athletic therapy treatments are by appointment only.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, appointments are currently only available for students and staff working on the Richmond Road campus.
MSc, Dip SIM, CAT(C)
Certified Head Athletic Therapist
Bachelor of Athletic and Exercise Therapy
If you have been diagnosed with a concussion or are concerned that you may have one, please book your concussion assessment with our Head Athletic Therapist.
- Dr. Haddow - Physician
- Dr. Hwang - Physician
- Dr. Tresoor - Physician
- Health Centre nursing staff
- Sydney Chapman - Athletic Therapist
- BAET Students - 2nd and 3rd year placement students under the direction of the Head Athletic Therapist
- Kirsten Davel - Assistant Director of Academics
- Learning Resource Department
- Counselling Department