St. Michaels University School and Glenlyon Norfolk School share transportation services. Please review the latest version of the combined SMUS/GNS bus routes and maps below, which are subject to change.
Please note the following items:
- Morning school bus pick ups: During the shortened days during winter months, most bus pick-ups are done in the dark. To assist drivers in seeing the students, please consider attaching a reflective tape, flashing light or tag to your child's backpack. This will help the driver see the students as they approach the bus stop. Together we can help keep students safe.
- Not all stops are listed. We generally use BC Transit stops, although other stops are possible as long as they are deemed safe.
- Giving us a wave in the morning really helps us as we approach your stop, as does having your child remind us in the afternoon that their stop is just ahead.
- We ask that all students be at the bus stop at least three minutes ahead of the scheduled pick-up time. Due to traffic and weather conditions, departure times could vary by 5-6 minutes. However, the driver will not leave the stops prior to the times listed.
- Passengers pay for each trip with their Student Card, which contains a bar code. Each bus has a bar code scanner. The charge will be applied to the month-end billing.
- For the majority of SMUS’s transportation needs, the school uses SMUS/GNS buses driven by SMUS/GNS staff drivers. In some cases, SMUS students will travel in a SMUS school van, rental vehicle or private vehicle driven by SMUS faculty or staff. The school also periodically hires certified external transportation companies and drivers to transport students in non-SMUS/GNS school buses or coaches.
Bus Fares 2022-23
- Zone 1 - $1.90
- Zone 2 - $2.70
- Zone 3 - $3.50
New for 2022-23
- All bus students must register to ride the bus. All students who wish to ride the bus to and/or from school on any of our bus routes MUST have completed the bus registration form for 2022-23.
- First day of busing is Thursday September 8.
- Wearing masks in public indoor settings is not required by public health. Wearing a mask is a personal choice. Be respectful of everyone whether they choose to wear a mask or not. It is important to be kind and respectful of other's choices.
- Student cards are required to board the bus.
Bus Routes and Schedules
Select routes from the slideout menu at the top left of the maps below to find your location. Click on the link on each map or on the line drawing on the map to see the schedules for that route. The schedules list only a few key stops for timing references. In order to see all of the information, you may need to click on the link or the full screen icon to view a larger version.